Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

group home vs foster home life..are you ready?

Hi blog family!

I am blessed to live and see another day-especially after all this evacuating saturday for sunday's storm...lol...(i think)...

I have had many discussions this month regarding the State trying to get kids out of group homes and into foster homes.
Many say some have been in a group home setting so long, they don't know how to treat a good family when they get one. (please send me your view on this if your were in a home, are in a home or work with kids in a home....we have to understand to help..

One of my blog readers said they did not know if they would be able to adjust to a home. While i was saddend by this because everyone should feel the love and security of a home, i thought back to when i was in group homes before 7 years old, and it dawned on me, I never thought after a year in group home life, that I would find a family or fit in- and I did at 7 years old.
Yes, my foster mother had to retrain me, stop me from thinking of ONLY my sister and brothers, ONLY how will I eat today or how will I make it today without my birth mom or family... it took a while but she did it! family is about the "WE" being a unit....
I will admit that my brother and I were OPEN to new ideas and any good attention so we worked out going from group home to foster home.
I want those in a group home to OPEN your minds to a; new place, new people, new values, morals, requirements, restrictions, responsibility, togeatherness, even when you are not getting along, UNITY... family should bring unity, something you may not be use to, especially if your coming from an addict parent and always dealt with dsyfunctional family members, parents mates, abusive surroundings, it is hard to go to a good home after this and be "family oriented" BUT If you read books by Anthony RObbins, watch the DVD "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, read the art of happiness by the Dali Lama, think and grow rich by Napolian Hill, I assure you your world will open up and you will not see a family as a threat to your old habits and comfort and survival skills, you will see them as an anchor that will allow you to dock your boat long enough to load up on family values, family love and self love.
You have to start focusing on "what" you can learn TODAY from that family, not when you may leave and they have to focus on "what can I teach this child TODAY, so that when they leave, they will have something installed in them so well that even in the darkest hour, they will remember what I taught...

If you did not get that home, make a better one for your future kids-try not to mate with men/woman who will not make great parents--that is a man who will work 3 jobs, go without food, just so his kid will have what they need, they won't break the law because ANY time other than work time away from their child will break their heart and hurt that child's future, they will never yell at the woman who birthed their most prescious gift to this earth....look for "that" guy (or gal men, she does not curse at her kids, mistreat them, neglect them or put them in danger for anyone!!)..MAKE YOUR KIDS FUTURE BETTER THAN YOURS!!
*
 Please read my book Surviving foster care and making it work for you at www.createspace.com/3587372 or Amazon.com
I talk about the difference between group home and foster home without great detail but enough for you to see and appreciate.




IF  you are in the group home and have been for more than 5 years and decide you don't want to be told what to do after all those years with no hugs, love or supervision- You can still "model" (copy) a good family that you admire...learn what YOUR values will be, what your goal will be, who will be your "team" without your family ie..friends, counselors, workers etc..learn how to meditate in hard times and listen to what the universe is telling you to stay focused... You are the master of your destiny and IF you focus on your goals YOU can still make it after a group home-you just have to be on your A-game!!!

Life at this point is all about APPRECIATION, having an attitude of thanks!! You WERE born, YOU are special...why??? You know..be grateful and happy EVERY day you WAKE, it is not promised!!!

please be safe and always love you and know that you have divine purpose-with or without a family!! xo
smile someone is watching you!! If you love you and do what's right, the universe will always send you angels to help, just do what's right and LOVE YOU and all life on this earth-respect it!!!

xo Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!