Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

What is true happiness? The Dali Lama says...

Hi blog family!


I was enjoying the rain today, as the earth needs to be cleansed every now and again. I am always on a quest for inner peace, love, happiness and how to help others without any purpose, reason or gain. I know just my being happy doing it is a gain, so I wonder can I truley help others without "wanting" anything? While I was reading I came upon this, written by the Dali Lama on his site...these are NOT my words, but as I search and find answers, I will share them with you. We must find our divine purpose and help each other any way we can. So I ask: What is true happiness?


True happiness comes from having a sense of inner peace and contentment, 
which in turn must be achieved by cultivating altruism,
 love and compassion,
 and by eliminating anger, 
selfishness
 and greed. 


- Dali Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!