Followers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

What can YOU do to create positive change




Hi blog family!!

May is National Foster Kids month!!

After thinking for a long time I decided two things:
1. If you want something done- do it yourself
2. Don't wait for fame, fortune or others to take action, be like NIKE, JUST DO IT!!

 Have you ever wanted to help people so bad but you were not really in a position to do so?

 I often think how can I help, when I myself am not where i want to be?
 Well I thought about it and taking action will sometimes cause a REaction, that will turn into what you wanted!
Sometimes, after being in foster care for so long not only do you have to re-learn how to make decisions, but you must also learn to act on your gut and trust it will steer you to your goal.

 Always wanted to help kids in foster care.
When I was younger I wanted to be famous like Johnny Carson or Lucielle Ball, not for vanity but because I saw that EVERYONE wants to help a star!
I also saw that people made things happen when you are known.
Oprah was able to build a school!!
Jay-Z built a water irrigation system in a remote part of Africa!!
Mother Teressa helped the orphans of Calcutta!
 When I was younger, that was the power of fame!

Now that I am (a little):) bit older...and  wiser, I realize I could still help kids in foster care.
The universe is MY experience (meaning yours), which means I have many mistakes to make but I also was given many talents and skills.
 I learned that I can help kids right now with no money down!!!
For years I thought I could not make a change without money or fame, I cried alot thinking I did not want another kid in foster care to feel depressed, lonely,  or feeling less than,  for years I was wrong.....
Since I realized this I have:

written a self help book for foster Teens
created 3 workshops just to deal with issues faced in care
traveled around the states speaking to hundreds of kids!
saved and changed a few lives....which was my original goal!!

Lesson: you can make positive change in ANYTHING you see that is NOT right, just make a plan and start doing it, don't contemplate if a message came from your heart to help others, just take action, the universe will send you angels to help you see it through, but first you must start!! WE all have gifts and talents, imagine if we "reach one teach one"...."what a wonderful world" (two fav quotes)
xo Tanya
ps. smile, someone may be watching you and your smile may save or change a life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!