Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am 16 and in the foster care system…Turning 18 is the scariest thing that is going to happen to me

I am 16 and in the foster care system…Turning 18 is the scariest thing that is going to happen to me
This will not be you because you are out already. life can change in an instant if you change your mind to do what is necessary to be independent!! get two jobs if you have to , save your money, talk to a community college advisor, there is money for you in most states--free! get your education or get a craft, skill or gift that can make you money..making earrings, writing, singing, dancing...lets not make excuses, the system will be what it is...what are you going to do!! This is sad to see someone blaming a system that will always be what it is because it is about the money..I talk to you briefly in my book about this...take responsiblity for you--no one else will and stop having pity partys..they don't change anything!! much love Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!