Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Self Doubt comes creeping back in....

Pst....over here...feelin kinda low?
Has self doubt found its way back into your life? Just when you thought you had it all under control!
There are times in an ex fosterkids life, or heck anyone's life these days, when self doubt comes back to haunt you. 
How could this happen, I planned carefully, I have food, shelter, LOVE, or so I thought i did!

What happend to a sure future? There really isn't one these days. The economy is a mess, no one can find jobs, even with a college degree and contacts, and frankly no one looks out for anyone anymore!
I realized you have to constantly reinforce your confidence, like every hour, or you could slide down the slippery slope of human doom and gloom!
I was so happy the other day, started thinking of my brother and what life would be like if he were still here....I decided nothing would change.  Self doubt crept in...."I have no family" a voice said to me. Then comes the tears and the what's the point thoughts, then came a thought:
Sometimes we are dealt awful family, career or life  choices, but we have to make the best of them.
 My brother was my only link to "family" everyone else has unofficially adopted me to an extent. 

I have long wished for a family that is close and always together, i see now i will have to marry a guy who has a large family and is very dedicated to his family.
 I thought because my brother is gone i have no one, but I have my two girls, even though one is off on her own and rarely swings in, (she hates the burbs)... But I will keep hope alive and tell the doubt to: shut up, I have no time for you! 
I knew what i was in for being a foster kid...no family... loneliness in a crowd: having two kids helped but i am still missing uncles, grandma, aunts, etc...
for now i will have to keep reminding myself of my purpose, to help other foster kids.
 It took years for me to get here, without medication and with lots of help and angels!
 I know i was one out of hundreds who made it with their minds in tac. 
Self doubt is just a human factor
it can be worse if your parents gave you up or you have no family.

 Family
 usually is the one who comes to your rescue when you cannot paddle the boat of life anymore, 
they throw you a life preserve 
or you hold on to the side of their boat until the storm passes. 
Without family you have to create your own life preserve, 
I tend to call on my guardian angels daily! 
I ask them to protect me from the evils of this world,
 I tell them to make me feel i am always loved though someone or something,
 I ask them to keep me away from danger and guide me toward love and kindness
lastly i listen to them tell me daily: You Are loved, special and with purpose, and then i know i can go on without doubt!
by: Tanya C
This is for all of those who grew up in foster care or may be there now, keep self doubt out and know that you are loved, we all have doubts, just don't let it linger...xo
you are loved, special and blessed, be kind to someone this week, especially a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!