Followers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Racism

Hi blog family!
Just wanted to talk to you about racism. Often as foster kids we experience prejudice in some form or another. I often had teachers who I knew was not in my corner because of the color of my skin.
This did not stop me from realizing that not all people are like this. I have been blessed to have been raised and helped along the way in my life by ALL nationality's and religions!!
Noticing what makes up unique is good but knowing what makes us the same is greater: the fact that my  friend and I had ancestors who survived slavery and the holocaust....commonality...
I often look for friends who are looking for the one thing that WE both like, not what is different.
I remember, even today, what it feels like to have people not like me because of my sex & color, it is awful and I have since learned to tune out racist people, they can't exist in my world. I am known to call someone on their racism, if it if effecting me or my friends, but overall, i will ignore people like that because in this day and age if you have not caught up with the new world of acceptance, it is a sad day for you!
Learn to love and appreciate ALL people. I know we may have been victums of ugly remarks or got less help than others, but that does not mean that it was right. The only way to rid this world of prejudice is to teach others to look for the common trait not what makes you different!
and yes, I still have not found my spell check on this thing!!
You are blessed and special, smile, be kind, someone will be changed by you!!
XO Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!