Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Getting to the real you

Hi blog family!

hope your well and living your best life!

As I set out to complete my goals for 2015, I often wonder how many foster and former fosters ever reach their full potential? How many ever get to the real person they are?

As of today you are!
Ask yourself:
 what was I born to do
 who am I
 why am I hear?
NO self judgment, just observe what defenses come up, ("I don't know") OR what gifts you have that come to your thoughts, (singer, writer, artist, organizer, healer etc)
* these are all gifts that will help you reach YOUR full potential.
* You are like NO other on earth and God gave you ALL the tools you need to get started to greatness!
***ACTION is all that is required!****

How do I take action?

You must learn to write down ALL your goals, small and large..if you can't SEE it, you can't believe it!
Writing down goals help you see what your doing and stay on track!
I promise you writing down your goals ALWAYS produces real results!

 For instance, I wrote down that I wanted to have my own late night talk show, be a comedian and perform at a known comedy club like Gotham.
I now host a cable show, (On The Town, interviewing comedians & other talented people in NY), (late night takes time, I am patient), lol and I have performed at Gotham Comedy Club, The Metropolitan Room and Caroline's since writing those goals down!

I could just give up but I don't because I know this is what I was born to do and doing standup comedy is the best way to make that happen! Since I first saw Carol Burnett and Johnny Carson, I knew I wanted to make people laugh and interview all Entertainment- this way I thought at 12 if everyone knew who I was, they would help me help more foster kids!

first thing I did was take a class to make sure I had the right skills to write jokes  IF I did not have the money for a class I would have went on www.Badslava.com and found out where open mics are, open mics are spots, Usually bars), that comics go practice in by singing up and getting 4-8 minutes on stage to practice their jokes.
I made a commitment to go to open mics at least 3x a week but I know a great comedian goes out every night!
If you have a goal, write it down and see what you need and who you need to talk to too find out how to get to the goal. Sometimes you have to stay up later than others writing or singing or whatever your skill but that persistence to be the best at what you do and never giving up is what will lead you to your greatness.
Get to writing!xo
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!