Followers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reflections of where i was, who helped save me and those that help link

hi blog family!

I was reminiscing over an old elementary school pic, (I started school very late), due to neglect and moving around. I was so malnourished in this photo but I am thanking God for a birth mother who knew - she was an addict, and loved us enough to give us away..(strange to say but I was starving and living in horrible conditions)..
 Thankful to my sister, who knew we would starve if we did not get help
 and my 2nd foster mother Rev D, who got me around 7, (the courts did not know how old I was so the judge gave me an age two years older!! lol, he asked me how old do I want to be and my dumb self said 9!!! lol), (my birth Grandma & family confirmed I am younger. .to late to change the records!!!) lol
I am so thankful to God for my life looking at this picture my abuse by my two brothers had not started yet so life was good and I finally had FOOD!! I remember when they came for us we had no clean clothes or food, I talk about it in my book; Surviving Foster Care And Making It Work For You! www.amazon.com  I wish the worker would have bought food!!

I wanted to share the work others are doing to help foster kids! Have a great Turkey day and if you have no family - go to your local church or pantry - somebody is serving food!! Do
not stay home by yourself wishing, hoping and praying when you can GO OUT and find good people who love and care about you! You are a star and a winner!! Happy Holidays!!
xo T

here is the link! Always support those who help kids in foster care - talk is cheap action is everything! I know because I would still be malnourished had someone not stepped up and I would have had to drop out of NYU had someone, (a kind Quaker..R.I.P Mrs. Bauer), not bought my books!!! Any action is better than a dumb reaction!! (like when people hear our story's and say dumb things like "poor kids " or "its a shame" - Yea it is!! and that is why YOU should do SOMETHING!! Help SAVE or change a life!! xo
www.tureksplumbing.com/give-back-campaign/2013-tureks-plumbing-helps-improve-local-foster-childrens-lives.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are looking for a sibiling that was adopted please leave me a post..maybe we can find our sibilings here..i am looking for baby brother Mark who was adopted to a family of doctors in Elmsford,NY in the 1970's he was born oct 6th 1970/71..reddish hair, freckles..would look like chris brown with age progression..post any thought u may have!!